If this is your first experience with club sports, and with Central Virginia United travel soccer (U11-U19) in particular, here are a few items and expectations parents and players should be prepared for:
Seasons: The fall soccer season (U11-U19) begins with travel team camp in the first week of August and runs through mid November. The spring season (U11-U14) will begin in mid February and (weather permitting) will end by Memorial Day. Some tournaments may take place outside of regular season times. CVU offers fantastic summer and winter training options while we are out of regular season league play. Tryouts take place in late April/early May for the following fall and spring seasons.
Cost: 2018-19 Travel Soccer Costs
U15-U19 Premier Teams: $775, includes CVU Labor Day Tournament and one other tournament, facility, league, officiating and coaching fees for the fall season.
U11-U14 Premier Teams: $1095, includes CVU Labor Day Tournament and one other tournament, facility, league, officiating, and coaching fees for the fall and spring seasons.
U15-U19 Classic Teams: $495, includes CVU Labor Day Tournament, facility, league, officiating and coaching fees for the fall season.
U11-U14 Classic Teams: $795, includes CVU Labor Day Tournament, facility, league, officiating, and coaching fees for the fall and spring seasons.
Tournaments: Tournaments are a fun and challenging part of the travel soccer experience. The number and type of tournaments that players participate in will depend on the team and level that you are with. Each CVU team will play in our annual Labor Day Tournament. Premier teams will be entered into at least 1 additional tournaments each year (typically consisting of Beach FC’s Columbus Day Tournament). Classic teams will have the opportunity to participate on a per team basis. Tournament entries are made at the discretion of the CVU Executive Director Raymond Ford, with input from the team coach. Depending on the event location and schedule, tournaments may require over night stays in hotels.
Team Manager: In addition to the CVU Staff and Coaches, team managers play a critical part in the administration of our teams and season’s. Each team will have a manager that disseminates information to parents and is available to provide information about upcoming schedules and event’s.
- All players must attend both trainings each week.
- Each player is required to bring their own ball and water to each session. Shinguards and soccer socks are required, and no jewelry is permitted on players during training.
- Coaches put significant time and energy into planning training sessions, therefore, as a matter of respect to our coaches and players, any absence or tardiness should be reported to coaches at least 24 hours in advance of a session. Please be aware that absences and tardiness from training are a valid cause for limiting game day playing time (at coaches discretion).
- Parents are not permitted to be involved in training sessions or to communicate to their children unless there is an urgent need.
Parent Support and Involvement: Our families and parents have a vital supporting role in making each season a success for their own players, the team, and the club. Please be mindful to:
- Have your player on time to trainings and pre-game warm ups
- Ensure they regularly eat, hydrate, and rest sufficiently
- Communicate with coaches and team managers about any absences as early as possible
- Allow the players to focus on enjoying the game and developing by providing as little distraction from the sidelines as possible. Outside of clapping and a few words of encouragement, please refrain from commenting on the games. Any interaction with officials or opponents is unwarranted, reflects poorly on the club, embarrasses our players and other spectators, and may be cause for removal from the field or a delay/forfeiture of a match.